Hello my lovely cat people!
I just want to say before I start… WOW! I would have never imagined that I would be nominated for an award during my first year of blogging, this is incredible! So this isn’t just my award, but it’s yours, I would not have done it without you, so thank you so much! You are the best readers in the world. ❤
Here are the rules:
The Liebster Award – General Info and Rules
Most bloggers, at some point, have heard of or received the Liebster award, unless you are a newbie! From the extensive searches I have conducted in my attempts to learn about this award, I have visited a bunch of blogs and gleaned the following information:
– This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
– It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
– It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
– It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
– The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
– Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
– Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
– Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
– Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.
Before I give my nominees and the questions for them, I’d first answer the questions by a fellow blogger who was kind enough to nominate me. She is amazing, go check out her blog at NerdNextDoor where she posts about all things music, TV, movies, you name it! Here’s her post on the Liebster Award:
Here we go, let’s answer these questions, shall we?
1. What/ Who inspired you to start your blog?
– One of the reasons why I started to blog is because I love to write. It is one of my greatest passions and I hope to continue to write in the future. Another reason why I started to blog was because of a YouTuber, called Kalel Cullen, who had her own blog. It is really beautiful and she was one of the reasons to inspire me to do what I do. 🙂
2. If you were stranded on an Island, which three things would you take with you?
– 1: I’d say I’d take my phone, because it has all of my music, apps and photos on it.
– 2: I’d take some matches so that I could light a fire. 😛
– 3: A book, because reading under the stars is something that I want to cross off my bucket list. 😀
3. You’re home alone. What’s the one thing you do that you wouldn’t normally do if your parents were there?
– Watch trashy TV shows and/or movies and eat bad food whilst I do it.
4. Out of all the colours in the world, which three colours do you like best? And why.
– I’d have to say that my 3 favourite colours are turquoise, a kind of magenta purple and light green. I always liked turquoise or aqua, because I love water and swimming, so it always reminds me of the blue waters on islands and stuff. The magenta purple is really pretty and I just generally like it, can’t really explain why. I am also fond of light green, because it reminds me of being outside on the grass in summer and it just gives me a really nice feeling… I’m weird, ok? 😀
– Here’s the purple I’m talking about:
5. All time favourite food that you would be willing to live on?
– This is too hard… I’d have to either choose between hashbrowns or chocolate… Definitely.
6. Favourite film genre, book genre, music genre and WHY.
– Favourite film genre is definitely horror and/or thriller, because it keeps me on the edge of my seat and they are always fun to watch at night! Although I do like to occasionally watch animated movies as well as comedies. Book genre would have to be fiction or adventure books, I also feel like they are exciting and have a nice pace to follow. Although I do sometimes enjoy reading thriller and mystery as well, I’ve always liked detective stuff. 😛 My favourite music genre is rock, jazz and folk, because all three sound nice and make me feel good. Also, I’ve been listening to jazz since I was really little, so it holds a special place in my heart. ❤ Music is my drug of choice. ❤ (As well as tea, coffee, hot chocolate, chocolate, and a bunch of other things 😀 )
– Here are two of my favourite horror movies:
– My favourite book at the moment:
– My all-time favourite folk band, as well as some other bands/artists that I like:
7. Your favourite quote and why.
– “Be yourself, because everyone else is already taken” ~~ Oscar Wilde. I love it, because it gives me inspiration and self esteem, it’s just so true, don’t you think?
8. Worst situation to be in.
– There are so many!.. I’d say being forced to sit next to or to communicate with the person you don’t particularly like, if you know what I mean.
9. Would you rather make a new law, or get rid of a law? What law would you make/get rid of?
– Might sound cliché and overused, but I’d get rid of the “no gay rights” law, because it’s just stupid… Come on government, get your shit together!
10. Favourite word and why.
– Potatoed, because why not? 😀 Just expresses all of my inner emotions… ❤
11. A bad habit.
– Procrastination, obviously. 😀
Here's the exciting part… The nominees!
– You have to link back to the person who nominated you.
– You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
– After completing the questions, you must nominate at least 5 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
– You are not allowed to nominate the person who nominated you.
– You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What do you like to blog about?
3. What/Who inspires you?
4. Favourite actor/actress.
5. What are your hobbies?
6. What are you good/bad at?
7. If you had a week left to live, with no rules, what would you do?
8. What do you want to change in the world, if anything?
9. What is your biggest ‘pet peeve’? (something that really annoys you)
10. What is your favourite season and what do you like to do during that season?
11. What is your favourite animal?
Hope you are as excited as I am and good luck to everyone!
I love you all~! ❤